All our house kits, if needed will be supplied with engineered open metal web joists for intermediate floors. These are fabricated in factory to our CE marking, meaning they are all fully approved by Building Control and Warranty Providers.
Our engineered metal web joist systems offer a number of benefits such as:
- Open Web System. Light but strong with open webs means our joists can span further with less costly notching and drilling.
- Long Spans. Longer spans than comparable solid timber meaning more open areas and potentially less internal load-bearing walls, saving costs.
- Quieter. Reduced deflection and vibration lead to outstanding acoustic performance.
- Easier Service Installation. Open web joists lead to less notching and drilling of services and can accommodate larger services like MVHR.
- Lightweight. Our metal web joists are easy to manhandle leading to reduced crane costs and easier maneuverability.
- Cost Savings. Less drilling, reduced crane use, the potential for less load-bearing walls mean metal web joists save you money.